At Gradient, we are building sophisticated technology to transform how brands grow on ecommerce channels. We use data and machine learning to ensure our customers’ brands are well-represented, discovered, and purchased. In turn, we drive material sales and profitability for brands that they cannot achieve elsewhere.
We are obsessed with our customers and with building a company, product, and culture that serves our customers and team well.
Gradient is seeking a talented & intellectually curious Senior Full Stack Engineer to build web applications that deliver core insights to our customers and help us scale operationally. In this role, you will get to collaborate with amazing colleagues to solve challenging problems, have a material impact on Gradient’s success, and grow with our company.
What you will do
- Architect and build our customer-facing web applications and internal operational apps.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and product managers to design and build high-quality experiences for our product.
- Ensure our applications are secured and easy to build, test, and deploy.
- Define and inform our product and technical roadmaps. Review code.
- Constantly seek and deliver feedback so that we make good decisions for our customers and company.
What we’re looking for
- At least a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical discipline, but if you do not then you have sufficient & relevant technical experience
- You have 6+ years experience building web applications.
- You have a solid understanding of developing and operating web applications, and experience working with relational databases.
- Experience with a web back-end framework in Node.js/Ruby/Python. Ideally, an experienced Python programmer & familiarity with Django, which is our chosen language and web framework.
- You have deployed software to cloud environments. GCP experience is a plus, as is experience with DevOps tooling for provisioning, configuration, and deployment.
- You have sharp analytical abilities, proven software design skills, and a track record of delivering quality products.
- You can take high-level product and technical direction to drive priorities and manage work.
- You have excellent writing & communication skills.
Qualifications we prefer, but are not required
- Experience leading a team to build a complex software system that has been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience influencing best practices for software engineer teams.
- Experience communicating with users, technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
- Experience building software in the startup world or as a consultant.
- Competitive base salary
- Equity stake
- Competitive benefits