At Gradient, we are building sophisticated technology to transform how brands grow on ecommerce channels. We use data and machine learning to ensure our customers’ brands are well-represented, discovered, and purchased. In turn, we drive material sales and profitability for brands that they cannot achieve elsewhere.
We are obsessed with our customers and with building a company, product, and culture that serves our customers and team well.
Gradient is seeking a talented & intellectually curious Senior Frontend Engineer to design and build customer-facing and internal products that bring clarity to complex data and scale our operations. In this role, you will get to collaborate with amazing colleagues to solve challenging problems, have a material impact on Gradient’s success, and grow with our company.
What you will do
- Architect and build frontends core to our offering and operations.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and product managers to design and build high-quality frontend experiences for our product.
- Ensure our web clients are secure and easy to build, test, and deploy.
- Define and inform our product and technical roadmaps. Review code.
- Constantly seek and deliver feedback so that we make good decisions for our customers and company.
What we’re looking for
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical discipline, but if you do not then you have sufficient & relevant technical experience.
- You have 6+ years experience building frontends for products.
- You have experience using and designing web services with back-end engineers, and know how to build secure web applications.
- You have deployed software to cloud environments. GCP experience is a plus, as is experience with DevOps tooling for provisioning, configuration, and deployment.
- You have sharp analytical abilities, proven software design skills, and a track record of delivering quality products.
- You can take high-level product and technical direction to drive priorities and manage work.
- You have excellent writing & communication skills.
Qualifications we prefer, but are not required
- Experience with another language & ecosystem such as Python (our back-end language), Ruby, or Java.
- Experience leading a team to build a complex software system that has been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience influencing best practices for software engineer teams.
- Experience communicating with users, technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
- Experience driving software projects, including design and implementation and delivery/deployment
- Competitive Base Salary
- Equity Stake
- 100% covered benefits